The mother of all Minnesota cheat meals! I grew up on this and it is still my favorite meal. If I have made you my goulash, it means I love you and we are tighter than my ankle socks in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy. My toddler would devour this for breakfast, lunch and dinner if she could (umm, so would I!).
I’ve never given out this recipe. Partly because I’m kind of bad at sharing and partly because honestly I don’t measure , anything. I grew up cooking with my mom and it was always a “pinch or so” of this and “a handful” of that. I tried to do my best at guessing these measurements and as always you can add or subtract anything you want to make it your own. This feeds my family for two or three days so I am going to say it serves 6-8 plus leftovers? That’s my best guess.
- 1 pound ground beef (seasoned with pepper, salt, all purpose , garlic and onion powder to taste)
- 1 can tomato soup + 1/2 can full milk
- (1) 4-5 oz can tomato paste
- 1 can drained crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 16 oz box of macaroni noodles
- Sliced cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil large pot of water and cook noodles to desired firmness – drain and place noodles in 4 -6 qt casserole dish
- Brown hamburger over medium heat until just done , drain then place in 4-6 qt casserole dish
- Add all ingredients to baking dish except cheese and mix well
- Bake in preheated oven with the cover on for 30 minutes, after 30 minutes remove lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Top goulash with cheese and enjoy!