I have been on a major Meixcan food kick lately (no I’m not pregnant) ! I had some zucchini and ground beef I needed to use up and nothing was sounding good. Why not throw some things together and call it a recipe?
You can adjust the spice depending on who you are serving it to. It wasn’t too spicy for our four year old but she also will eat just about anything so I’m not sure if it would be too spicy for other kiddos.
Feel free to add some other veggies too. Yellow squash, sweet potatoes , onions and broccoli would all be good additions!
Mexican Beef + Zucchini Skillet
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef + 2 tablespoons oil (I use avocado oil)
- (1) 12.5 oz can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- (1) 6 oz can tomato sauce
- 3-4 small/medium zucchinis (use preferred method of cutting)
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 4 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- Heat avocado oil in pan + add ground beef
- Cook ground beef on medium heat until no obvious signs of pink meat are left (close to done)
- Add zucchini ( I like to cut hibachi style) and mix with ground beef
- Add Rotel , taco seasoning and tomato sauce + mix well
- Once mixed and bubbling turn to low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until zucchini reaches desired softness
- Serve plain or top with Greek yogurt, cheese, salsa, hot sauce, avocado or any other desired toppings.