After rummaging through my pantry and under my sink I used up or threw out most everything that had chemicals or contained ingredients that I no longer wanted to put in our bodies. I was using a clean dish soap but I thought to myself, why not try and make some? That way I could add whatever scent I wanted and I could try out the essential oils that I had gotten for my Birthday .
I was never a big believer in oils but now, I really am hooked. I use it in soap, in a diffuser, on my skin . My next project is to make some dryer sheets, detergent and dish washer packs with essential oils. Now that I am seeing all the ways I can use it in daily life I have jumped on the bandwagon and am ordering essential oils like they are going out of style. I believe!!!
I have a few amazing ladies that sell these oils, if you are interested I can link their sites through Young Living.
Keep in mind that buying these products will give you ingredients for soap for probably two years! So making your soap at home has a larger up front cost but in the long run, it is SO cheap.
Let me know what your favorite oil combos are, I am new and would love to try some great combos! Enjoy!
(You can get the ingredients mentioned below through these links!)
DIY Lemon Basil Dish Soap (That Works! )
3 1/4 Cups
Grated Bar Soap (any kind)
Washing Soda (NOT BAKING SODA!)
Lemon Essential Oil
Basil Essential Oil
- Mix the water , grated soap and washing soda over low/medium heat until it dissolves.
- Once completely dissolved and hot, remove from stove and let cool for 5 minutes
- Add essential oils (you can do any combo of oils but the lemon and basil work well to cut grease and smell great!) and vegetable clycerin
- Pour into a jar and let sit for at least 12 hours
- When you are ready to use, shake it up (it will appear thick but it will break down once you shake / stir) and place into dispenser of your choice. I used a leftover liquid soap bottle until I can make my homemade mason jar soap dispensers.
- Enjoy and wash your dishes, counters, hands or small pieces of laundry with this soap! It is great for washing almost anything.